This is a small batch of cookies that produces one dozen two inch cookies.
Mix these dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
Place these Ingredients in a bowl and beat until it is a creamy consistency.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil plus 1/8 butter softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup puréed pumpkin, butternut squash or sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until they are combined.
Fold in the following :
- 1/4 cup raisins, currants, cherries, cranberries or chopped apricots
- 5 ounce of 85% dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a 2-inch scoop, drop the cookie batter on the baking sheet and press down lightly with your hands to flatten it.
Bake for about 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet half way through the cooking time.
Download the Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie Recipe.